20140904

It's been a while

I feel bad for not blogging for one and half months. I've been meaning to but it never progressed further from the thought. I could blame the fact that I got two jobs, but it would be lame of me, especially when the second one it's offering that many shifts. Now I'll really try to blog whenever I have a day off even if I have absolutely nothing to write about. And, of course, I will force myself to tap on that keyboard if something is happening - even if I'm dead tired.

In my last post I mentioned visiting Tampere. I did. It was great, even though nothing happened. I fell in love with that city. The only place I would live in if I had to live in Finland. Maybe someday I'll drag my husband and children there - who are still imaginary at the moment.

Next week I'm taking a weekend retreat - before matriculation exam hassle starts - back to Tampere. Even though I'm sure this time there will be much more going on and my relaxation will be quite unseen.

But let's move on on what's happening in the capital of Finland, Helsinki.

A former classmate of mine back from high school and an acquaintance from a parallel class from 9th grade (which was in same school as high school) found each other about a year ago and started a shared dream - brand Kliffa. If I've understood right, they started everything by using patterns from old magazines. I've only heard about it briefly, but they're working with someone who makes prints and those prints give their 50s' cuts a modern and playful touch. I'm not a big fan of prints but let me tell you, I just love prints they're using.

On Tuesday they had an opening for Fashion Exhibition. They have prints, illustrations and photographs hang around youth center (thank you Finland for providing young folks free space to use, even though those have several months long queue). The exhibition isn't big but it's worth seeing.

I recommend visiting Youth Center Happi until September 19 if you're in Helsinki and in need of something different. Even though it's a shame there won't be good performances, tasty tea and mouth-watering savory meringues this time.



Kliffa is launching their online store this Saturday and I hope to buy something for myself if it's not too expensive. Will update with more information once I get it.

Meanwhile, check out their Facebook and Instagram pages!